BWA Executive Committee Resolution 1969-08.2
(Presented by Booth)
Whereas Baptists have been noted for their leadership in both the translation and distribution of the Bible since the days of William Carey and Adoniram Judson and more recently in this century through the monumental work of Robert G. Bratcher, noted translator of Good News for Modern Man; and,
Whereas one of the faithful members of the BWA Executive Committee and a pastor of one of our Baptist Churches in Nigeria, Emanual Dahunsi, has been invited to assist in the translation of the Bible into
Be it resolved that members of the BWA Executive Committee will support Bible Societies and their services in the following ways:
1. Increased use of the Bible in study and worship in our local churches.
2. Increased support in North America for the “Five Year Africa Advance,” and its goal to translate the Bible into 35 additional languages.
3. Increased support of the “Bible-a-Month Club” in North America to give a Bible each month to some needy person somewhere in the world.
4. Increased distribution of Today’s English Version of the New Testament in Secondary Schools and Colleges whenever and wherever the opportunity is available to us.
5. Increased support of the Annual “Daily Bible Readings” as a possible means of strengthening the unity of our fellowship as Baptists.
Williams MOVED the adoption of the Resolution. Seconded, and carried.
BWA; Adoniram Judson; Bible Societies; William Carey.
原始来源参考书目:诺登豪格，约瑟夫，编辑。 Baptist World Alliance: Minutes of the Meeting of the Executive Committee Held at Baden Bei Wien, Austria August 2-6, 1969. Washington, D.C.: Baptist World Alliance, 1969.
原始来源脚注/尾注： Josef Nordenhaug，编辑。 Baptist World Alliance: Minutes of the Meeting of the Executive Committee Held at Baden Bei Wien, Austria August 2-6, 1969 (Washington, D.C.: Baptist World Alliance, 1969), p. 56.
在线文档全文引用。 BWA Executive Committee Resolution 1969-08.2 对圣经协会的支持; https://www.baptistworld.org/resolutions.
文中在线文档引用。 (BWA Executive Committee Resolution 1969-08.2).