BWA General Council Resolution 2013.13
CONTINUES to affirm with the United Nations the importance of gender equality and women’s empowerment. Unless women are able to maximize the opportunities available, build their capabilities and achieve their full potential, the participation of more than half the population is limited and societies suffer;
- pursue initiatives leading to the achievement of gender equality in societies worldwide;
- contribute to the empowerment of women and the protection of their human rights in all spheres of human endeavor;
- advocate that gender-based violence is a major hindrance to women’s empowerment and gender equality;
- women and represents an abuse of power used to establish male dominance and female submission and so perpetuate gender inequality;
- reject all acts of gender-based violence as being contrary to the laws of God and Christian doctrine:
- support legislation, policies, and action designed to eliminate gender-based violence, and take the lead role wherever this is appropriate;
- encourage churches, governments and NGOs to challenge attitudes and behaviors that devalue people through violence and exploitation, and
- urges churches, governments and NGOs to provide resources:
- to support the survivors of gender-based violence in sensitive and effective ways;
- and to promote interventions to change behavior among perpetrators of gender-based violence.
原始来源参考书目:Callam, Neville, 编辑. 浸信会世界联盟2013年年鉴。总理事会会议记录和名录。 福尔斯丘奇，弗吉尼亚州：浸信会世界联盟，2013年。
原始来源脚注/尾注： Neville Callam, ed, 浸信会世界联盟2013年年鉴。总理事会会议记录和名录 (Falls Church, VA: Baptist World Alliance, 2013), pp. 147- 148.
在线文档全文引用。 BWA General Council Resolution 2013.13 Gender Equality and Gender- Based Violence; https://www.baptistworld.org/resolutions.
文中在线文档引用。 (BWA General Council Resolution 2013.13).