BWA World Congress Resolution 1995.3
Le Conseil général et le 17e Congrès mondial de l'Alliance baptiste mondiale, réunis à Buenos Aires, Argentine, du 31 juillet au 6 août 1995,
ACKNOWLEDGES that 1995 marks several significant 50th anniversaries including,
- the funding of the United Nations,
- the cessation of hostilities in World War II,
- the “Breton Woods Agreement” on a world economic order, creating the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund,
- all of which anticipated a peaceful and prosperous future for all peoples of the world;
LAMENTS the profound failure to realize these bright hopes in this most violent of all centuries which abs witnessed an estimated 110 million deaths as a result of war and 19 million deaths a year from structural violence which perpetuates such life-threatening conditions as hunger, poverty, preventable disease and racism;
WELCOMES with gratitude recent expressions within and beyond the Baptist world of repentance for past wrongs and for complicity in continuing injustice recognizing the resultant possibilities for healing and reconciliation;
CELEBRATES all manifestations of the spirit of inclusion and of empowerment of those previously excluded by factors such as gender, race, ethnicity and age;
CALLS for greater faithfulness to the Gospel mandate by:
- BWA World Congress Resolution 1995.3
- actively opposing the violence of international conflict and ethnic/racial strife;
- urging the nations of the developed North and their financial institutions to forgive debts and interest repayments from the most impoverished nations;
- supporting all attempts to eradicate overt and covert expressions of racism in line with the Harare Declaration on Combating Racism;
AFFIRMS the need to listen more attentively to the voice of God to discern signs of hope amidst all the ambiguities of human experience.
Bibliographie de la source originale: Ryan, Wendy E., editor. Celebrate Christ: The Hope of the World; Official Report of the Seventeenth Baptist World Congress, Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 1-16, 1995. McLean, VA: Baptist World Alliance, 1995.
Source originale Note de bas de page / Note de fin de page : Wendy E. Ryan, ed., Celebrate Christ: The Hope of the World; Official Report of the Seventeenth Baptist World Congress, Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 1-16, 1995 (McLean, VA: Baptist World Alliance, 1995), pp. 205-206.
Citation complète du document en ligne : BWA World Congress Resolution 1995.3 Justice; https://www.baptistworld.org/resolutions.
Citation de document en ligne dans le texte : (BWA World Congress Resolution 1995.3).