POUR PUBLICATION IMMÉDIATE
(EGLISE DE CHUTE, VIRGINIE - 24 juillet 2020)
Alors que Baptist World Aid (BWAid) célèbre son 100e anniversaire, l'Alliance Baptiste Mondiale (BWA) annonce la recherche mondiale du prochain directeur de Baptist World Aid. Ce directeur sera chargé de diriger le domaine principal du ministère de la BWA, à savoir l'aide, l'assistance et le développement communautaire, afin de remplir la mission de la BWA : "Mettre en réseau la famille baptiste afin d'avoir un impact sur le monde pour le Christ".
“In 2020, BWAid celebrates the centennial anniversary of the first Baptist World Aid gift. Having touched millions of lives over the preceding 100 years, BWAid is still making an impact around the world through 132 emergency grants to Baptists in 82 countries this year alone,” said Rev. Dr. Elijah Brown, BWA General Secretary. “The Director of BWAid will continue to build upon this storied legacy for a strategic future that continues to empower compassionate and collaborative response to needs around the world.”
Les priorités essentielles de ce poste :
- Clear commitment to personal spiritual growth, local Baptist church participation, and love for mobilizing others to engage in ministry
- Personal and passionate calling and commitment to aid, relief, and community development
- Demonstrate strong networking, facilitation, and administrative skillset that can lead the development and implementation of programs that network BWA member bodies, churches, and individuals
- Capacity to help the BWA grow strategically, creatively, and collaboratively
- Implement leadership, programs, administration, and facilitation of (1) BWAid and BWAid grants; (2) BWA Forum on Aid and Development (BFAD); and (3) other assigned program areas
While the Director of BWAid must demonstrate a broad understanding of development sector programs and practices, a clear passion and skillset in the area of network facilitation and growth is critical in this role.
“The Baptist World Alliance engages with a huge global network of leadership, churches, and communities of faith. There is a massive opportunity and need to mobilize this enormous constituency to practically engage with the world’s most vulnerable people and address humanitarian needs, but also help them build the movement’s capacity and passion in service of Christ to participate in the sustainable shift beyond the injustices of long-term poverty,” said John Hickey, BWA Vice President and CEO of Transform Aid International. “The new Director of Baptist World Aid will play a vital role representing the BWA, collaborating closely with a significant network of talented leadership across national, regional, and global bodies and agencies in the Baptist movement and beyond in this vital cause.”
The BWA is conducting a global search and actively welcomes applicants from every region of the world. The application deadline is September 30, 2020.
Those wishing to apply or to share details about this job opportunity are encouraged to visit the BWA Director of Baptist World Aid Informational Page.