Baptist World Aid
Baptist World Aid – Celebrating 100 Years of Impact
For 100 years, Baptist World Aid has networked Baptists around the world to alleviate poverty and hunger, respond when disasters strike, and support sustainable community development projects around the globe.
“Standing Together” Global Response Plan
The year was 1920. The world was struggling to recover from the Spanish Flu pandemic and the aftermath of World War I. Baptists saw a world in need and stepped into action with the first Baptist World Aid (BWAid) gift. 100 years later, our world is again in desperate need. As the Coronavirus sweeps through communities with devastating impact, hunger and starvation rise in its shadow.
In places like Guatemala, Ethiopia, Haiti, and Sri Lanka, families face paralyzing hunger that is shuttering communities and ministries alike. More than 100 Baptist conventions and unions around the world have already asked the Baptist World family for emergency help. We have answered the call by providing over 100 emergency grants in more than 80 countries. But our resources are stretched more than ever.
We need your help. Through your love and generosity as a Centennial Partner, BWAid will continue to save lives and propel ministry. Will you stand together with struggling families and give compassionately today?
Your Centennial Partner gift will immediately:
- Supply life-saving food to some of the most vulnerable facing starvation in India
- Provide health education and hand-washing facilities in the Central African Republic
- Assist families already displaced by conflict and violence in South Sudan who remain deprived of permanent homes
- Help high-risk senior adults at a Romanian nursing home receive care
- Enable church planters in Costa Rica to continue as home missionaries sharing the love of Christ
Give Today to Impact Lives
The Baptist World Alliance is recognized as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization within the United States.
For income tax reporting purposes, donors will receive a receipt for their gift.