BWA General Council Resolution 2011.5
There is an urgent need:
- to proclaim the gospel to vast numbers of persons in all areas of the world;
- for vast numbers of new congregations to be established around the world; and
- for pastors and leaders to serve both new and existing congregations worldwide. God continues to call believers to serve as pastors and in other forms of ministry and every believer is commissioned by Christ to share in the gospel ministry; Therefore, the General Council of the Baptist World Alliance, meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, July 4- 9, 2011: AFFIRMS
- the importance of training ministers, especially in strategic ministries of church planting and equipping the whole people of God for ministry;
- the need for in-service training for the continuing development for pastors; seminarians and others in ministry;
- the need to equip all believers in the church for ministry in the Church, society and the market place; and
- the need to mobilize pastors and faculty to be involved in short-term teaching and training in countries that lack educational resources as an expression of global partnership and mutual learning.
BWA General Council Resolution 2011.5 Resolution on Theological Education and Leadership Formation
Original Source Bibliography: Callam, Neville, editor. Baptist World Alliance 2011 Yearbook: Minutes of the General Council Meeting and Directory. Falls Church, VA: Baptist World Alliance, 2011.
Original Source Footnote/Endnote: Neville Callam, ed., Baptist World Alliance 2011 Yearbook: Minutes of the General Council Meeting and Directory (Falls Church, VA: Baptist World Alliance, 2011), pp. 135- 136.
Online Document Full Citation: BWA General Council Resolution 2011.5 Resolution on Theological Education and Leadership Formation; https://www.baptistworld.org/resolutions.
In-text Online Document Citation: (BWA General Council Resolution 2011.5).